BMC Helix ITSM OnPrem to OnPrem Migration Service
This service will work with customer to execute the migration activities using BMC Helix Data Manager. This service will leverage the Solution Migration Design document from the ITSM Preparation migration service offering. The ITSM Preparation migration service should have executed prior to executing this ITSM data migration offering.
What you get:
BMC will perform the following:
- Conduct walkthrough of the migration process
- Prepare Proposed Project Schedule
- Install BMC Helix Data Manager in Customer’s environment
- Run BMC Helix Data Manager discovery and data mapping
- Prepare Deployment Plan within Migration Design Document
- Migrate Foundation Data*, Application Data*, reporting and transactional data. This may include data from IT service management (ITSM), Smart IT, and BMC Digital Workplace.
- Migrate Configurations and Integrations* - Max 10 standard integrations – integrations must be compliant to run on containerized environments.
- Prepare Construction Document
- Repoint existing Integrations on the target system to the BMC Helix ITSM platform
- Prepare Test Strategy/Plan Document
- Perform Unit Testing
- Assist Customer with System Testing and Integration Testing for up to three weeks
- Execute final cut-over as documented in the Migration Design Document
- Provide post-production assistance for up to one week.
Customer will be responsible for:
- Completing Helix ITSM OnPrem to OnPrem Migration Preparation Service
- Provisioning on-premises environment to install BMC Helix Data manager and host a copy of the required databases.
- Configuring the staging database in Customer’s environment
- Restoring copy of Customer’s production database on Customer’s staging database
- Providing access to BMC consultants to their Remedy ITSM on-premises staging environment including the new containerized ITSM platform.
- Performing user functional testing for a period of up to three weeks before production go live
- Providing an application subject matter expert (SME) with a good knowledge of Customer’s Advanced Configurations and integrations. This SME will also be required to assist with unit testing.
- Providing SME for any integrated applications to perform repointing of integrations and assisting with unit testing.
- Remediating Non-Standard Advanced Configurations and Non-Standard Integrations
- Applying fixes to Standard Configurations and Standard Integrations for non-migration related issues identified during user functional testing.
Project Milestones: The following Milestones are established between the Customer and BMC. Once BMC has reached a milestone, the BMC project manager will issue a milestone completion letter to the Customer.
- Milestone 1: Upon delivery of the Project Schedule
- Milestone 2: Upon delivery and approval of the Migration Construction Document
- Milestone 3: Upon completion of the Project Closeout meeting and the delivery of the project completion letter
Deliverables: Using BMC’s standard methodology and templates, the following Deliverables are in scope for this project and will be delivered:
- Proposed Project Schedule
- Construction Document
- Migration Design Document
- Test Strategy/Plan document
Completion Criteria: BMC will have completed these Consulting Services when the in-scope Consulting Services have been completed and the Deliverables have been delivered to the Customer Project Manager.
- The ITSM Preparation migration service will have been executed prior to the execution of the Helix ITSM OnPrem to OnPrem Migration Service offering.
- Customer’s project team is staffed with experienced roles familiar with the Customer’s solution and business requirements.
- Remote access is available and will be provided.
- The customer completed BMC’s recommended formal training before this project started.
- Customer has met the architecture requirements of BMC Helix Data Manager including containerized ITSM platforms in scope for this offering.
- The customers on-prem BMC ITSM is version 7.6.04 or greater.
- The customers on-prem database is Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Migration and testing will be performed on QA (Dev Staging) and Pre-Production environments.
- BMC assumes that there are not any data integrity issues in Customer’s environment
- Estimated Duration: 18 weeks
- In-scope Product: BMC Helix Digital Workplace, BMC Helix ITSM
- Service Type: Deployment
- Availability: Active
- Success Service Code: ITSM_OPMS_001
- Date Last Updated: 09/18/2023