MainOne, an Equinix company, is a preferred provider of connectivity and data center solutions to telecom operators, internet service providers, and business and government institutions in ten countries across West Africa, with a commitment to invest significantly in digital transformation across the region. Its holdings include a world-class submarine cable system, a state-of-the-art IP NGN network, and growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks. MainOne also owns MDXi, a data center subsidiary that is West Africa's leading, carrier-neutral, open-access, commercial, Tier III data center operator in Nigeria, Ghana, and Cote D'Ivoire.
As part of its digital transformation initiative, MainOne wanted to upgrade its current ITSM environment to a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that would support its business growth, enable agility, and improve efficiency and the user experience.
MainOne migrated to BMC Helix ITSM, including BMC Helix Smart Reporting and BMC Helix Digital Workplace, to accelerate innovation, reduce business risk, and lower costs with a predictive SaaS-based solution that delivers:
- Real-time auto correlation of incidents and proactive problem identification
- Contextual data sharing in collaboration tools
- Proactive change risk management for IT and DevOps
- Integrated service and operations management for major incident management and other ServiceOps use cases
- Automated task bundling and case assignment
- A no-code integration platform (iPaaS) for external providers
- Personalized, customizable, dynamic dashboards
BMC Helix ITSM has allowed MainOne to enhance the employee experience across its entire IT estate, positioning it for:
- Cost efficiency by avoiding the expense of hardware refreshes, hardware maintenance, and operational environment software upgrades to bring the on-premises infrastructure up to date
- Expert support through direct access to OEM support teams
MainOne hopes to expand BMC Helix to its other line-of-business functions such as HR and finance so more users can create custom reports and visualize data through the modern and intuitive reporting tool and dashboard. Seamless integration of BMC Helix ITSM will also eliminate the bottlenecks and limitations of the legacy infrastructure.
“We have had a very good experience migrating business-critical, productivity, and ERP apps to SaaS.”— Ayodeji Babatunde, Head of Business Intelligence and Applications Support, MainOne