Applus is a worldwide leader in the testing, inspection, and certification sector, partnering with its customers to enhance the quality and safety of their clients’ assets and infrastructure while safeguarding their operations and improving their environmental performance.
Applus offers its customers a complete portfolio of solutions that address a range of needs—from asset integrity management to statutory compliance-based inspections—as well as technological development, digitalization, and innovation. Applus also stays current with regulatory requirements across industries to best serve its customers.
Applus recognized that IT operators and service managers in its Global Finance Shared Services department had a fragmented view of their environment, with variable analytics and different approaches to, and processes and tools for, identifying and resolving problems. Applus needed a comprehensive, holistic solution across teams to solve for the time and resources being wasted due to the lack of a single view of all its critical data and information.
To successfully offer consistent, reliable services to its various customers across industries, Applus realized it must become more agile and integrate teams by using a single platform to collect insightful data, manage change, embrace automation, and digitally transform its outdated processes. To accomplish its goals, Applus invested in BMC Helix Business Workflows.
BMC Helix Business Workflows is a modern case management solution built for service delivery owners, empowering technology leaders to transform the way they manage, automate, and scale business services to better service customers. The BMC solution includes:
- Intelligent service delivery: Enable HR, finance, facilities, and other lines of business to deliver innovative services that drive compelling employee and company engagements.
- Knowledge management services: Leverage AI-powered BMC Helix Knowledge Management services that provide accurate, fast responses with real-time language translation.
- Omni-channel engagement: Change the way service is consumed and delivered by extending beyond traditional service channels with chatbots and virtual agents.
- Comprehensive case management: Utilize full and extensive capabilities featuring integrated content packages and starter services tailored to lines of business.
- Drag-and-drop workflow creation: Empower business users to create custom workflows, enhancements, and views to extend capabilities to meet business requirements.
- Form-less requests: Deliver modern case management with quick case creation through recommended templates and knowledge articles.
BMC Helix Business Workflows empowers the Applus Global Finance Shared Services group—a decentralized organization servicing internal customers in more than 65 countries—by providing a centrally managed, standardized platform to:
- Identify workflows and create customized processes for specific teams within the BMC solution.
- Aggregate data and insights into a unified tool that can create reports, manage cases, and track performance.
- Leverage enhanced reporting and integrated information to further streamline processes and improve service delivery for its customers.
- Provide access to comprehensive and accurate data in one centralized platform across disparate locations.
- Scale the technology to other departments to align with business or customer demands.
- Assign workflow approvals and register approvers.
- Proactively generate appropriate audit reports to manage risk.
- Spend less time organizing jobs and more time delivering accounting and finance services.
- Improve the employee experience in their day-to-day operations.
- Eliminate outdated administrative user activities and focus squarely on delivering superior accounting services.
- Save time in the processing of different queries and tickets.
Applus is interested in exploring further integration of service management and operations management across its entire organization with a potential investment in BMC Helix ITSM.
"In addition to expanding our BMC Helix investments for ITSM, we are planning to use the generative AI capabilities in BMC Helix to optimize our processes while delivering better customer service. We’re impressed by its promise to recover faster from potential service outages and use insights to automate our remediation efforts."— Rubén Ávila Calvo, Chief Technology Officer, Applus