A unified view of data helps deliver maximum benefits
Are you realizing the full value of your data?
To estimate the potential business impact of data-driven practices and investment in data management technologies, BMC sponsored research in how businesses are planning and evaluating their data initiatives, spend, and outcomes. Here are some key findings:
- 53% of respondents report their organization has accelerated investment in data management today compared to the last few years.
- Maturity in DataOps practices and general data-driven strategy were commonly associated with higher rates of success in aspects of customer centricity, including customer care and strategic decision-making.
- For organizations that use DataOps methodology across the organization to support all data-driven activities:
- 41% “strongly agree” that their organization is able to apply data-driven insights in a way that supports business goals.
- This compares to only 13% of respondents from organizations that do not use DataOps methodology.
Accelerate business value with data-driven insights
Business functions and domains where respondents appear to have the highest success in leveraging data and data-driven insights include:
- Customer-facing processes (such as onboarding)
- Resource allocation and investment plans
- Optimization of operational models
- Product positioning and innovation
- Support of ESG and sustainability initiatives
When asked about their ability to gain a unified view of their data that enables insights and helps avoid costly mistakes, respondents reported challenges in:
Lack of automation
Data quality issues
Data privacy/security issues
See where respondents are investing, operationalizing, and automating to mitigate data challengesDownload the 2023 Value of Data report