BMC supports and collaborates with its reseller partners to meet and exceed expectations of our mutual customers. Partner benefits include enablement, incentive programs, and access to BMC sales resources.
Increase your business opportunities and your customers’ satisfaction
- Develop expertise, knowledge, and skills in selling, implementing, maintaining, and supporting BMC solutions.
- Get generous rewards for your investment in technical certifications, partner-discovered opportunities, and pipeline generation.
- Offer market-leading solutions to new and existing customers with resources to enhance your sales, marketing, technological, and business capabilities.
- BMC relies on value-added resellers (VARs) to resell BMC solutions to our mutual customers.
- VARs are solution providers with the resources and skills to advance BMC solutions.
- The BMC Partner Advantage Program provides onboarding, training, pricing, and incentives to BMC resellers.
- Partners receive additional benefits as they advance through the three tiers: Registered, Professional, and Elite.
- Distributor partners provide BMC licenses to their resellers. The distributor does not sell directly to the end-user customer.
- All BMC quotes and invoices go to the distributor. There is no direct agreement between BMC and a distributor's resellers.
- Distributors provide onboarding, training, pricing, and benefits to their resellers.
- BMC does not tier distributors, but their resellers can qualify for solution provider Professional or Elite tier benefits.
Partner Advantage Program benefits
BMC rewards partner investment in technical certifications, partner-discovered opportunities, and pipeline generation. Membership in our award-winning program benefits your company by enabling you to offer market-leading solutions to new and existing customers, and by helping you enhance your sales, marketing, technological, and business capabilities. As your BMC results increase, so does the level of benefits and investment provided by BMC.
|Resell BMC licenses, support maintenance, and technical training||X||X||X||Via their Resellers|
|Onboarding, BMC support, BMC pricing, sales tools, software demos and downloads, communications, enablement, and more||X||X||X||X|
|Incentive programs including discounts, rebates, and bonuses||X||X||X||X|
|BMC partner badge for external display||X||X||X||X|
|Public BMC Marketplace profile for marketing and lead generation||X||X||X||X|
|Access and discounts to training for partner employees; access to no-fee learning path curricula||X||X||X||X|
|Proposal-based marketing funds for demand generation upon BMC approval||Limited||X||X||X|
|Ability to provide first-line technical support for BMC solutions||X||X||X|
|Multiple-year partner agreements||X||X|
|Assigned BMC partner manager||X||X|
|Programs to enhance revenue and customer satisfaction for presales and services||X||X|
|Customer success stories published and promoted by BMC||Limited||X|
|Account-based marketing and joint business planning||Limited||X|
|Joint marketing planning and quarterly business review (QBR)||X||Limited|
|Opportunity for partner recognition (awards)||X|
|Beta participation||By invitation||By invitation|
|Pre-beta product evaluation||By invitation|
|Membership in Partner Executive Council to provide input to key BMC executives||By invitation|
Partner Advantage Program requirements
To qualify for membership, prospective partners must provide unique, value-added sales and technical complements to the products and solutions offered by BMC Software that benefit our mutual customers. BMC does not charge a fee for enrollment in the Partner Advantage Program.
New partners join at the Registered tier, which is designed for VARs making an initial commitment to the program and investing in BMC product and solution enablement for their employees. Partners must meet requirements for each tier prior to advancing to the next, and receive incremental benefits as they progress.
|Partner contracts and compliance||Required||Required||Required|
|Partner profile published on the BMC Marketplace||Optional||Required||Required|
|New bookings revenue||$250K USD||$1M USD|
|Minimum number of active BMC Certified Professionals||2||4|
|Assigned alliance manager||Required|
BMC engages with distribution partners and their resellers to expand the BMC sales and services footprint in certain geographies. BMC considers the following factors for companies interested in the BMC Distribution Program:
- Sales presence in the distribution territory
- Ability to recruit and support resellers in their territory
- Market reach or technical expertise that complements and extends BMC sales expertise
- Resources to support local customers in their regional work week
- Approved credit limits and fulfillment of compliance requirements
- Three-year business plan with revenue goals