Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise®
Reduce IBM® Monthly License Charge (MLC) software costs
- Manage MLC contracts and forecast future costs with management dashboards.
- Identify budget variances in advance to target cost-reducing actions.
- Reduce costs by identifying specific capacity peaks and cost drivers.
- Test-drive changes and see the cost impacts before committing.
- Integrate seamlessly with Compuware Strobe for deep application performance tuning.
Small changes equal big savings
With insightful graphic reports and analysis, Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise helps curb monthly license charges.
Transparent cost reporting
Analyze system and cost data with intuitive, interactive graphics and dashboards.
Interactively evaluate the impact of MLC reduction activities for planning and ongoing budget management.
MLC budget tracking and forecasting
Report regularly on Actual vs Plan MLC costs, highlight variances, and forecast whether costs will exceed budget.
Workload-aware MLC information
Pinpoint workloads driving MLC costs and align cost reduction strategies with business needs.
Deep application performance tuning
Integrate with Compuware Strobe for cost-aware workload analytics to prevent wasteful resource consumption.
Track history and efficiency improvements with the MLC Reduction Index and project future MLC costs.
Take a closer look
- Evaluate capping, workload placement, and workload volume changes
- Use a range of MLC pricing metrics
- Include planned MLC budget and track actual costs and variances
- View historical MLC costs (month over month, year over year) to use in projecting future costs versus budget
- Track cost efficiency with MLC Reduction Index
- See consistent MLC cost reporting
- Identify workload priority in the systems
- Measure impact of changes to batch workloads
Put your analysis and planning into action
Intelligent Capping (iCap) for zEnterprise dynamically automates and optimizes defined capacity settings to lower MLC.
BMC Subsystem Optimizer provides data access and communication across LPARs, making it possible to efficiently redirect workloads among DB2, IMS DB, IMS TM, and CICS instances to reduce MLC.
"IBM offers mainframe customers great flexibility with the variable MLC model. Thanks to BMC we now have a tool to fully exploit this flexibility. The power and insight of Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise is something customers have wanted for a long time."— Eduardo J. Ciliendo, Head of Mainframe, Swiss Re
Video Series: How You Can Save on MLC TodaySelect Your Topics and Watch Now
Learn a new approach to cost optimizationUnderstanding MLC: The Journey from SCRT to Operational Efficiency
Put these proven techniques to workFive Levers to Lower Mainframe MLC Costs While Mitigating Risk
Insurer sees major advances in MLC cost control and savingsPtak Associates Case Study: BMC Automated Mainframe Cost Management
BMC and CompuwareSee how you can improve mainframe economics by integrating Cost Analyzer and Strobe
Learn more about how to cut your MLC bill10 Steps to Reducing Mainframe MLC Costs
Even smarter savings
Looking to super-charge your MLC cost savings? Ask about BMC MainView for Cost Optimization, an integrated solution that offers the combined power of Cost Analyzer for zEnterprise and Intelligent Capping for zEnterprise.