Employees expect to use modern tools that makes it easy to do their jobs, from anywhere, at any time, on any device. Enable powerful employee experiences with digital workplace solutions from BMC.
What is a Digital Workplace?
The emergence of the digital workplace has shifted enterprise culture to center on people. In fact, customer experience is set to overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator by 2020.
As digital natives enter the workforce, talent retention is also a critical issue. These workers expect to have access to the best tools—93% of millennials in a recent study cited modern and up-to-date technology as one of the most important aspects of a workplace.
Every stage, from onboarding to off boarding, should be imbued with transparency, empowerment, and ease of use. BMC Helix Digital Workplace provides intuitive and intelligent consumer-like experiences to help organizations step into the future of work easily and fearlessly.
Benefits of a Digital Workplace
- Agility: The future of service delivery is one where enterprises make full use of intelligent systems to achieve new levels of agility, productivity, and efficiency.
- Productivity: With BMC Helix Digital Workplace, employees can use multiple channels to find information and request services, and departments like IT, HR, and Procurement can manage requests and services in one place.
- Engagement: The modern workforce expects modern tools that move with them across devices and they want to be empowered to work to the best of their abilities.
Trends Driving the Digital Workplace
- Intelligent, omni-channel experiences: Embedding and enabling cognitive capabilities will revolutionize people-centric experiences in the workplace.
- Consumerization of IT: People want to use the same types of tools at work as they do in their everyday lives and expect no less at work.
- Speed of digital innovation: Businesses must continuously find ways to make employees more productive and enable faster time-to-market of products and services.
- Work isn't a location, it's an activity: Businesses can keep employees engaged by adopting on-demand environments that support employees whenever, wherever, and however they want to work.
Expectations of Today’s Workforce
Replace the sprawl and confusion of traditional service catalogs with a unified, seamless service experience across devices, locations, and modes of communication.
- Mobile: So that people can work anywhere without compromise
- Self-service: So that employees can take care of their own needs, and arrange support on their own schedule
- User-centric: To engage employees with a consumer-like experience that is intelligent, conversational, and personalized